Advanced First Aid & ResuscitationA fully accredited Apply First Aid course that provides participants with the skills and knowledge to confidently carry out advanced first aid and resuscitation as a search and rescue officer.
Highly experienced instructors train participants in the use of the correct emergency procedures, patient and first aider safety skills, and knowledge and treatment of common medical situations including trauma and life threatening medical emergencies.
First responder advanced first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation skills are vitally important for all search and rescue personnel.
Students will receive a two-day training program targeted at providing the ability to respond to an injured person, or people, and provide life sustaining advanced first aid and resuscitation.
At the completion of this training students will be able to:
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Perform Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- Manage an unconscious casualty and recognise the need for advanced resuscitation response
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and apply bag and mask techniques
- Provide supplementary oxygen and operate suction equipment
- Use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Respond to Trauma and Medical Emergencies such as:
- Shock Management
- Airway Management - Asthma, Choking, Severe Allergic Reaction, Hyperventilation
- Cardiac conditions
- Seizures and Convulsions
- Bleeding and Wound Care
- Burns and Scalds
- Extremes of Heat and Cold
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Poisons and Toxic Substances
- Bites and Stings
- Abdominal injuries
- Eye and ear injuries
- Assess the situation and seek additional assistance from emergency medical services where required
- Monitor casualty condition and rectify issues preventing adequate treatment
- Report details of the incident in line with organisational policies
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Check, maintain and clean equipment ready for future use
Training is delivered in the classroom using audio-visual presentations following which students will participate in practical simulations using the emergency equipment and resuscitation mannequins. Students will be required to complete a short pre-course learning workbook before commencement of the classroom training. The workbook and associated answer sheet will be provided to each student electronically.
On successful completion of this training each student will be issued with nationally recognised statements of attainment for Provide Advanced First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation.
Group bookings only.
Through our training partner the LifeFlight Training Academy we offer nationally recognised courses for Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET).
Thousands of professionals with backgrounds in aviation, marine, defence and emergency service industries graduate every year with a LifeFlight HUET accreditation, both in Australia and internationally.
Participants will develop hands-on experience and confidence using the latest technology in submerged helicopter simulators, and learn essential post-accident water survival techniques including life jacket and life raft training.
The training focuses on both rotary (helicopter) and fixed-wing (jet) aircraft and is specifically designed to heighten safety procedures, danger awareness and operational standards for flights over or near water. HUET has been shown to significantly increase post-accident underwater survival.
The locations of domestic courses include Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Adelaide, Thursday Island, Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Rockhampton. Other locations are available on a quote basis.
This course is extremely beneficial for anyone who is involved in the aviation industry, particularly for those who will be flying over or near water. This course is necessary training for aircrew, marine pilots, firefighters and aviation medical professionals.
>>> More Information
Maritime Survival Training
This course provides students with the knowledge considered desirable for those involved in the maritime and associated industries where it may be necessary for them to survive in the water and/or manage survivors and the survival craft until rescued.
Course Delivery: On-line
This course is suitable for anyone in the maritime industry including cruising, ocean racing and day sailors, weekend boaties, or the aircrew and passengers of aircraft operating over water.
This training program covers the following subject areas:
Students can access the training material at anytime that suits them during which time they are supported by our highly experienced personnel.
For further information please use our Enquiry Form or email: email@example.com